VIT Engineering Entrance Examination
Issue of application forms from : December 06, 2010
Last date of receipt of application : March 12, 2011
Entrance Examination on : 16.04.2011
- Candidates born on or after 1st July 1988 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2010. They should have studied in regular, full-time, formal stream in the school.
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB).
- A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) for Candidates belonging to SC / ST.
- Students hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern States of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) candidates are eligible for all the programmes.
- Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) candidates are eligible only for B.Tech. Bio informatics, Bio-Medical Engineering & Biotechnology programmes.
- Candidates appearing for the 10+2 examination in March / April 2010 are also eligible to apply.
Application forms can be obtained
- From the designated branches of Post Offices on cash payment of Rs.750/-.
- By sending a Demand Draft for Rs.750/- drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore, to the Admissions Officer with a request letter containing the full address of the applicant.
- By handing over a DD for Rs.750/- in person at VIT University, Vellore (or) at Chennai Administrative Office.
- NRI students can apply online at www.vit.ac.in/nri_viteee-2010
Scholarship under “GV School Development Programme” (GVSDP)
- Rank holders of 1 to 100 in VITEEE will get 50% tuition fee wavier for all the 4 years.
- Special fee concession for toppers of each State (in their State Board Exams) – Full Tuition Fee Waiver for all the 4 years.
B.Tech. Programmes Offered at Vellore Campus :
2. Bio-Medical Engineering
4. Civil Engineering
5. Computer Science & Engineering
6. Electronics & Communication Engineering
7. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
8. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
9. Information Technology
10. Mechanical Engineering
11. Mechanical (Spec, in Chemical Process Engg.)
12. Mechanical (Spec, in Energy Engg.)
B.Tech. Programmes Offered at Chennai Campus :
1. Civil Engineering
2. Computer Science & Engineering
3. Electronics & Communication Engineering
4. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
5. Mechanical Engineering
For further details, contact:
Vellore – 632 014,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: +91 – 416 – 220 2168 / 2157/ 2125 / 2247
Fax: +91 – 416 – 224 5544, 224 0411
Chennai Administrative Office
New No. 6, (Old No. W-73),
Second Street Anna Nagar (Opp.Towers Club),
Chennai – 600 040.
Phone: +91 – 44 – 4201 6555, 6548 0555
The first Indian University to get the coveted ABET, USA accreditation.In the first phase, ABET accreditation for B.Tech in Mechanical & Civil has been obtained. Other programmes to follow suit.
Tags: improvementcandidateseligibleforvitexams, vit 2013 form when out, Vit application form, vit previous papers with solution
- VITEEE Syllabus