PTET Syllabus and Pattern
PTET Question Paper Pattern and Syllabus
- Mental Ability
- Teaching Attitude & Aptitude Test
- General Awareness, and
- Language Proficiency (Hindi or English)
Section A: Mental ability Section shall consist of 50 objective type multiple choice questions to test the following abilities: (i) Reasoning, (ii) Imagination, (iii) Judgements Decision Making, (iv)CreativeThinking, (v) Generalization, (vi) Drawing Inferences, etc.
Section B : Teaching Attitude and Aptitude test Section shall consist of 50 questions mainly on the following areas: (i) Social Maturity, (ii) Leadership, (iii) Professional Commitment, (iv) Interpersonal Relations, (v) Communication, (vi) Awareness etc. This will be test of attitudes and awareness in which answers to question will be scoredon a scale of 3,2,0 and -1.
Section C: General awareness Section shall consist of 50 Objective type multiplechoice questions mainly regarding thefdlowing areas: (i) Current affair (National & International), (ii) Indian History & Culture, (iii) India and its natural resources, (iv) Great Indian personalities (Past and Present), (v) Environmental awareness, (vi) Knowledgeabout Rajasthan etc.
Section D: Language Proficiency (English or Hindi) Section shall consists of 50 Objective type multiple choice questions regarding proficiency in Hindi or English Language mainly related to the following aspects: (i) Vocabulary, (ii) Functional Grammar, (iii) Sentence structures, (iv) Comprehension etc.
- All questions in Question-Paper shall be objective type multiple choice questions with at least four alternative answers (See sample question under heading ‘Model Question Paper’)
- The Paper will be set both in English and Hindi except for the Language Proficiency Section. In case of discrepancy in options of answers or in question paper the English version be treated as final.
- The duration of the paper s hall be 3 hours.
- Each question will carry 3 marks and the maximum marks in the paper shall be 600.
- Full 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. In Attitude & Aptitude Section, however, the answer will be scaled on a scale of 3 to -1 marks. This means that answer to each question will carry marks of 3,2,0and-1
The question paper of each section will be in the form of a test booklet containing 50 questions bearing number 1,2,3,………..50. There would be at least four alternative suggested answers (A) (B) (C) (D) etc. to each question. The candidate will be requiredto choose the correct answer and darken the correct ci rcle by Ball Pen only, correspondingto the question in the answer sheet to be provided to each candidate Mark should be dark and circle filled completely. Dark only one circle for each question as shown in example. Make the mark only in the spaces provided. Please do not make any stray marks on the answer sheet.
Filling of more than one circle for any question or not erasing a mark fully for changing answer will mean rejection of that answer. Rough work must not be done on the answer sheet. Use the space for rough work given in the test booklet The answer sheet will be collected from them at the end ofthe Examination. Assessment will be made only on the basis ofthe answer sheets.
The minimum qualifying marks of written test will be 240 i.e. 40% of the maximum marks.