The GPAT examination will consist of a single paper of 3 hours duration containing 100 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper will consist of only multiple choice objective-type questions. Each question will have four choices for the answer. The candidates will have to mark the correct choice on an Optical Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening the appropriate bubble against each question. There will be negative marking for each wrong answer that is 1/3 (one-third) mark will be deducted.
The GPAT question paper will consist of one hundred (100 No.) multiple choice objective questions only. Candidates have to mark the correct choice by darkening the appropriate bubble against each question on an Optical Response Sheet (ORS). Each right answer will carry one mark while for each wrong answer 1/3 (one third) negative marks will be deducted.
Each question will have four choices for the answer. Out of these, only one choice is correct. Each choice contains a single, stand-alone statement/phrase/data/structure.
The type of questions asked in this examination would be to evaluate a candidate’s aptitude and subject knowledge of Pharmacy field which may involve basic principles, facts, formulae/laws, understanding of the fundamental ideas, and application or drawing observations of the fundamentals of pharmacy discipline. Some examples of the multiple choice objective questions are given below:
- Cell walls of Gram positive bacteria contains :
- Only polypeptides
- Only polysaccharides
- Peptidoglycans consisting of NAM-NAG and D-alanine
- Mycolic acid and peptidoglycan
- Gradient elution in HPLC involves :
- Using columns of normal phase and reverse phase alternatively
- Changing the composition of mobile phase
- Slow running of the mobile phase
- Injecting the samples one after the other
- G-Strophanthin on hydrolysis affords :
- The freezing point of 1% w/v solution of sodium chloride is -0.576 0C and that of 1% w/v cocaine hydrochloride is -0.09 0C. What concentration of sodium chloride solution is required to make 1 % w/v cocaine hydrochloride solution isotonic with blood plasma?
- 0.5 % w/v
- 0.9 % w/v
- 0.373 % w/v
- 0.746 % w/v
NEGATIVE MARKING : There is a one-third (1/3) negative marking for each wrong answer.
More on GPAT
- GPAT Admit Card
- GPAT Application Form
- GPAT Eligibility
- GPAT Results
- GPAT Schedule
- GPAT Score
- GPAT Syllabus