GBTU (UPTU) Entrance Exam SEE
GBTU SEE 2011
U.P. TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW
STATE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION SEE-UPTU: 2011
The UPTU-SEE 2010 Notification is given as under
UP Technical university, Lucknow
State entrance examination SEE-UPTU – 2010
Uttar Pradesh Technical university, Lucknow is conducting state entrance examination (SEE-UPTU – 2010) on 17th and 18th April, 2010 for admission to degree courses in Engineering (B.Tech)/Pharmacy (B.Pharm)/Architecture (B.Arch)/Hotel Management (BHMCT)/Fashion and Apparel Design Technology (BFAD) and Post Graduate courses MCA/MBA of govt aided and private unaided institutions affiliated to U.P. Technical university along with some of the other universities of Uttar Pradesh for the academic session 2010-11
UPTU SEE 2010 IMPORTANT DATES
Scheme of UPTU SEE 2010 entrance examination: The candidates opting for different courses will be required to undertake written test in following papers on the dates specified below
BHMCT/BFAD, paper code – 7, details of paper – Aptitude test for general awareness
MBA, paper code – 8, details of paper – Aptitude test for MBA
MCA, paper code – 9, details of paper – Aptitude test for MCA
B.Tech (second year lateral entry), paper code – 10/11/12, details of paper – Aptitude test in English (Diploma)/Pharmacy (Diploma)/B.Sc (graduate)
B.Tech, paper code – 1 and 2, details of paper – Physics and Chemistry; and Mathematics
B.Tech (Biotechnology), paper code – 1 and 2 or 3, details of paper – Physics and Chemistry; and Mathematics or Biology
B.Tech (Ag. Engg), paper code – 4 and 5, details of paper – AG I & AG II; and AG III
B.Pharm, paper code 1 and 2 or 3, details of paper – Physics and Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology
B.Arch, paper code – 2 and 6, details of paper – Mathematics and Aptitude test (Arch)
Venue of examination: At major cities of UP along with Delhi, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Roorkee and Dehradun
Eligibility to appear in SEE-UPTU – 2010
1. For admission to first year to B.Tech/B.Pharm/BHMCT/BFAD candidate must have passed intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized board/university as given in information brochure of SEE-UPTU 2010. The candidate is essentially required to pass in each subject of the qualifying subject group.
2. For admission to first year of B.Arch., a candidate must have passed intermediate examination of U.P. board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized board/university; securing minimum 50% marks in aggregate in compulsory and optional subject as given in information brochure of SEE-UPTU 2010. The candidate is essentially required to pass in each subject of the qualifying subject group.
A candidate possession three year diploma in Architecture (10+3) recognized by central/state govt. is also eligible for admission to first year of B.Arch only, provided the candidate has passed the Diploma examination securing minimum 50% marks in aggregate. Such candidates will have to appear in the entrance examination for first year of B.Arch papers (paper 2 &6) as mentioned above
3. For admission to first year of MBA, candidate must have passed three years degree course from any recognized university
4. For admission to first year of MCA, candidate must have passed three year degree course from any recognized university with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at bachelor degree level.
5. For admission to second year (lateral entry) of B.Tech the candidate must have passed three years Diploma in engineering course; securing minimum 60% marks in aggregate or three years B.Sc degree with mathematics as one subject; securing minimum 60% marks in aggregate as per details provided in the brochure
6. For admission to second year (lateral entry) of B.Pharm the candidate must have passed Diploma in Pharmacy course; securing minimum 60% marks in aggregate
7. The candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in state entrance examination-2010 subject to the condition that they must fulfill the eligibility criteria at the time of counseling
8. The details of admissions for NRI and Kashmiri migrants will be published later, in the month of May, 2010 according to the norms to be laid down by the govt of UP/AICTE. Such candidates need not appear in SEE-UPTU-2010
9. State govt has permitted 10% of total sanctioned seats available in private institutions to be filled on merit by All India level candidates subject to the eligibility conditions given in the brochure through university counseling under the policy of state govt of UP
10. This admission test is open to the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from any institution located in UP or whose parents (father or mother) are domiciles of UP and 10% seats of All India level candidates as provided in sl no. 9 above
Cost of brochure/OMR application form inclusive of exam fee Rs. 1000/- for general/OBC candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST and female candidates of all categories
Sale of information brochure/application form: The information brochure containing OMR application form will be available for sale in cash from 20.02.2010 to 12.03.2010 (both days inclusive) from all Head post offices and Mukhya Dak Ghars (MDGs) of UP, Delhi, Nainital, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Jaipur and Bhopal
The information brochure and OMR application form can also be obtained by post from Registrar, UP technical university, IET campus, Sitapur road, Lucknow-226021 by sending a MICR bank draft of Rs 1050/- for general/OBC and Rs 500/- for SC/ST and female candidates of all categories in favour of Finance officer, UP Technical university, Lucknow along with two self addressed stickers.
The request for supply of application form by post will not be entertained after 05.03.2010
The last date of receipt of duly filled OMR application form in the office of Registrar (SEE), UP Technical university, IET campus Sitapur Road, Lucknow-226021 will be 15.03.2010
The application will be received in the university office by registered/speed post only
The application form received after the due date shall not be accepted. The university will not be responsible for the form missing/not received/any delay on the part of post office or for any other reason whatsoever.