DU LLB and LLM Entrance Exam
Faculty of Law
LL.B. (Three year Course) and LL.M. Entrance Tests
The Entrance Tests for admission to First Year of LL B (Three Year Course) and LL M for the year 2010-11 will be held in Delhi.
Date of Entrance Test: Sunday, 30 May 2010
Eligibility: Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree with 50% marks for General & OBC candidates; 45% marks for widows/Wards of ex-servicemen/serving personnel (CW) and degree with pass marks for SC/ST candidates.
Relaxation of upto 5% marks for Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates.
Date of Entrance Test: Saturday, 05 June 2010
Eligibility: LLB Degree (3 year/5 year course) with 50% marks for General and OBC candidates.
Relaxation of upto 5% marks for PH and 45% marks for SC/ST/CW candidates.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying degree examination are eligible to appear in the Entrance Test but admission will depend on minimum eligibility prescribed above.
- The reservation of seats is made as per the University rules.
- Bulletin of Information with application form may be obtained from the office of the Admission Committee. Faculty of Law from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. from 05.04.2010 on deposit of Bank Draft of Rs 700,00 (Rs 250,00 for SC/ST candidates) in favour of Registrar. University of Delhi payable at Delhi/New Delhi Request for application and Bulletin by post may be made by sending Bank Draft of Rs. 750,00 (Rs. 300,00 for SC/ST candidates) not later than 03.05 2010 The application form can also be downloaded from the links given below and should be deposited along with a bank draft of Rs 700,00 (Rs. 250,00 for SC/ST candidates).
- The duly filled application can be submitted from 10:00 am to 4 00 p.m on all working days and upto 5 00 p.m. on 17 May 2010 or may be sen I by registered post to Admission Committee. Faculty of Law, University of Delhi. Delhi-110007 so as to reach on or before 17.05.2010 Incomplete applications or applications received 3fter last date shall not be considered
Important Dates and Time:
- LL.B. Entrance Test : SUNDAY, 30 May 2010 at 9.30 a.m.
- LL.M. Entrance Test : SATURDAY, 05 June 2010 at 9.30 a.m.
- Reporting Time : 9.30 a.m.
- Candidate to occupy seat : 9.45 a.m.
- Issue of Test Booklet : 9.50 a.m.
- Breaking open seal of Test Booklet : 9.55 a.m.
- Office Working Hours (Lunch: 1.00 – 2.00 p.m.) Monday to Friday: 10.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
- Deposit of Application Form at the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi 05 April 2010 to 17 May 2010
- Last date for submission of Application Form Monday, 17 May 2010 : 5.00 p.m.
- Issue of Duplicate Admission Ticket : LL.B. 29 May 2010
- (In case of non-receipt of original) : LL.M. 04 June 2010
- Result of LL.B./LL.M. Entrance Test: Within one week of the Test
STRUCTURE OF LLB ENTRANCE EXAM
The Entrance Test Paper will have 175 Objective Type Questions with Multiple Choice Answers on : English Language Comprehension, to test the ability to analyse written information, comprehending the main ideas and significant details and drawing inferences from the material presented and testing the general comprehension of language including grammar; Analytical Abilities, Legal Awareness and Aptitude for testing the ability to evaluate an assumption, inference or argument that is presented in a short statement and solving the legal problems; for testing general awareness aptitude about law and the legal system; and General Knowledge. All sections may not have equal number of questions.
STRUCTURE OF LLM ENTRANCE EXAM
The Test paper will consist of 175 Objective Type Questions with Multiple Choice Answers in the following areas, viz. Constitutional Law of India, Jurisprudence, Law of Contracts (General Principles), Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Family Law of Marriage & Divorce and Public International Law (Law of Peace).
Counselling Schedule for LLB Admissions
|Category||Date||Category Rank 10.30 a.m.||Category Rank 02.00 p.m.||Payment of Fee|
|ST/PH/CW||09 June2010||All||All||10. 11 and 12 June 2010|
|SC||10 June2010||0001-0200||0201- 0300||11. 12 and 14 June 2010|
|GEN||11 June 2010||0001-0200||0201- 0300||12. 14 and 15 June 2010|
|GEN||12 June 2010||0301-0500||0501- 0600||14. 15 and 16 June 2010|
|GEN||14 June 2010||0601-0800||0801- 0900||15. 16 and 17 June 2010|
|OBC||15 June 2010||0001-0200||0201- 0300||16. 17 and 18 June 2010|
|SC||17 June2010||0301-0450||0451-0550||18. 19 and 21 June 2010|
|GEN||18 June 2010||0901-1100||1101-1200||19. 21 and 22 June 2010|
|GEN||21 June 2010||1201-1400||1401-1500||22. 23 and 24 June 2010|
|GEN||22 June 2010||1501-1750||-||23. 24 and 25 June 2010|
|OBC||22 June 2010||-||0301-0450|
|SC||23 June 2010||0551-700||-||24. 25 and 26 June 2010|
|ST/PH/CW||23 June 2010||-||All||24. 25 and 26 June 2010|
|General||28 June 2010||1751-1900||-||28 June 2010|
|OBC||28 June 2010||0451-600||-||28 June 2010|
Vacant seats under any category shall be filled up at 10.00 a.m. on Tuesday. 29 June 2010 from amongst candidates of the concerned category as per merit beyond what is indicated above.
COUNSELLING FOR LLM ADMISSIONS
The admissions to LL.M. First Year Course 2010 shall be made on Saturday, 19 June 2010 at 10.00 a.m. The candidates offered admission shall have to deposit fee on 21, 22 and 23 June 2010.
A candidate who does not attend counselling for LL.B./LL.M. admissions as per the above schedule shall forfeit his/her right to admission.
Note : The counselling shall be as per merit in the concerned category subject to availability of seats.
RULES AND PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION TO LL.B./LL.M. COURSE
The application for admission to LL.B./LL.M. Entrance Test 2010 must be made by eligible
candidates on the prescribed application form. The Bulletin of Information along with the
application form will be available from Monday. 05 April 2010 to Monday. 17 May 2010 from the office of the Admission Committee. Faculty of Law. University of Delhi. Delhi-110007 on
submission of a bank draft of Rs. 700.00 (Rs. 250.00 for SC/ST candidates) drawn in favour of
Registrar, University of Delhi. The Bulletin alongwith application form can be obtained by post by sending to Admission Committee. Faculty of Law. University of Delhi. Delhi-110007 a bank draft of Rs. 750.00 (Rs. 300.00 for SC/ST candidates) drawn in favour of Registrar, University of
Delhi. payable at Delhi/New Delhi latest upto 03 May 2010. The application form can also be
downloaded from the University website: http://www.du.ac.in.
The application alongwith the Admission Ticket duly filled in by the candidate in his/her own
handwriting and signed must be delivered in person or sent by post to the Admission Committee
latest by 5.00 p.m. on 17 May 2010. In case the form is downloaded from website. the application must be accompanied with a bank draft of Rs. 700.00 (Rs. 250.00 in case of SC/ST candidates). The candidate must paste at the place indicated one self-attested recent passport-size photograph on the application and un-attested photograph on the Admission Ticket. No other document like marks-
sheet(s). certificates. etc. need be sent along with the application since there will be no pre-Test
scrutiny of the applications except in cases of doubt.
The candidate sending the application by post must enclose one self-addressed envelope of
25 x 11 cms. size bearing postal stamp of Rs. 10.00 for dispatch ofthe Admission Ticket.
The applications received by any means after the prescribed last date will not be accepted. The applications received by any person or authority other than the Faculty of Law. University of Delhi will not be considered. The candidate must ensure that his/her application reaches in time. The mere fact of sending/posting of an application prior to the last date prescribed for receipt of applications
will not mean that the same has reached within the prescribed time unless the application has
actually been received in the office ofthe Admission Committee. Faculty of Law.
The LL.B./LL.M. Entrance Test will be held at different examination centres located in Delhi. The candidate will be issued the Admission Ticket indicating Roll No. and the examination centre where he/she will be required to appear in the Test. If a candidate has lost the Admission Ticket or not
received the same. he/she is advised to contact. in person. alongwith two recent passport-size
photographs the office of the Admission Committee. Faculty of Law for duplicate Admission Ticket on 29 May 2010 during working hours for LL.B. Entrance Test and on 04 June 2010 for LL.M. Entrance Test. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the Entrance Test without Admission Ticket. The candidates are advised to preserve the Admission Ticket till the admissions are finalised
and produce the same on every occasion while visiting the office of the Admission Committee.
Faculty of Law. The permission to allow a candidate to appear in the Test will be governed by the
provisions of this Bulletin of Information and all the relevant Statutes. Ordinances. rules and
instructions of the University of Delhi with regard to his/her conduct during and after the Test. /
Admissions as per merit in Entrance Test:
(i) Subject to other provisions of this Bulletin of Information. all admissions except those of foreign nationals will be made strictly according to merit in the concerned category
the time of admission. The candidates given provisional admission shall be allowed to attend classes but no other right will accrue to them till their provisional admission are confirmed. All such admissions have to be confirmed before the date(s) notified by the
(8) Foreign nationals shall have to make application for admission through Dean. Foreign Students Advisor. University of Delhi not later than 15 June 2010.
(9) The Widows/Wards of defence personnel (CW) shall be admitted as per 7 priorities listed below:-
(i) Widows/Wards of Defence personnel killed in action;
(ii) Wards of serving personnel and ex-servicemen disabled in action;
(iii) Widows/Wards of Defence personnel who died in peace time with death attributable to
(iv) Wards of Defence personnel disabled in peace time with disability attributable to military
(v) Wards of Ex-servicemen Personnel and serving personnel of the Defence/Armed Forces and all
Police Forces who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards;
(vi) Wards of ex-servicemen; and
(vii) Wards of serving personnel.
(10)The Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates shall be admitted as per following categories : -
(i) for persons with low vision or blindness 1%
(ii) for hearing impaired 1%
(iii) for those with loco motor disabilities and/or cerebral palsy 1%
However. if sufficient candidates are not available in a sub-category. candidates from the
other sub-categories shall be considered in their place.
- Faculty of Law, University of Delhi
- Delhi University Faculty of Law LLB Admission
- Delhi University Faculty of Law LLM Admission
Tags: llb du results, admission criteria for result awaited students in l lb delhi university, www du ac in 3 years law, result of delhi univsityllb exam, passing marks in du Ll b entrence exam for obc candidate, llm from du, llb exam results of 5 sem 2013 faculty of law, llb du reservation, llb du, faculty of law delhi university entrance exam 2010