Delhi University SET
The SET shall be held on 05th June 2010 (Saturday) and 06th June 2010 (Sunday). The Examination Centre for the SET would be informed to the candidate at the time of issue of admission ticket.
- Last date for receipt of request for supply of Bulletin of Information by post: 05.05.2010
- Last date of sale of Bulletin of Information by hand: 17.05.2010
- Last date for receipt of application in the Faculty office: 17.05.2010
- Super-Specialty DM Entrance Test (SET): 05.06.2010 (Saturday)
Super-Specialty M.Ch. Entrance Test (SET): 05.06.2010 (Saturday) and 06.06.2010 (Sunday)
- Declaration of result of SET (Tentative): 2nd / 3rd week of June
Duration of Super-Specialty courses: 3 years
The Super-Specialty (DM/M.Ch) Courses are full time courses. No candidate shall be allowed to apply for/to join any other course or any post, once he/she has been admitted in a course till the course is completed.
Paper I will be of 1 hour and 20 minutes duration and Paper II will be of 2 hours duration each for various specialities. No candidate will be allowed entry after the Test starts. No candidate will also be allowed to leave the Examination Hall unless the Test is over.
Each question carries 4 marks. For each correct response the candidate will get 4 marks. For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will deducted from total score.
The candidate may obtain Bulletin of Information and Application Form (only against a Demand Draft/ Banker’s
Cheque) from the Office of the Deputy Registrar, Faculty of Medical Sciences, 6th Floor, V.P. Chest Institute Building,
University of Delhi, Delhi-110007 in the following manner:
(i) By hand for Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only) as per details given in Clause 1.2. between 09:30 A.M. to
03:00 P.M. (except lunch time) on all working days w.e.f. 23.04.2010 upto 17.05.2010.
(ii) By post for Rs. 2050/- (Rupees Two Thousand and Fifty only) by sending a self addressed envelop of10″ X 8″ as
per details given in Clause 1.2. The last date of receipt of request for supply of Bulletin of Information by post
The candidate must have passed final MBBS examination and must have completed satisfactorily one year compulsory rotating internship.
The candidate must have full registration with the Delhi Medical Council/State Medical Council/Medical Council of India.
The candidate must have passed the Post-Graduate (MD/ MS) examination, as per details mentioned below, on or before 31st May 2010 of the University of Delhi or any other examination recognized equivalent thereto by the University of Delhi and Medical Council of India:
|DM Courses||Qualifying Examination|
|Cardiology, Neurology||MD Medicine/MD Paediatrics|
|Medical Gastroenterology||DNB Medicine/DNB Paediatrics*|
|M.Ch. Courses||Qualifying Examination|
|Cardio Vascular &
|Surgical Gastroenterology, Paediatrics Surgery, Neuro-Surgery||DNB Surgery*|
* The candidate holding Diplomate of National Board of Examination will be eligible for admission to Super-Specialty courses, provided they have done thesis work. Evidence of thesis shall be produced by the candidate.
A candidate in order to become eligible for admission must obtain 400 marks out of 800, i.e. 50% marks in the SET. Only the result of those who secure 50% marks or above will be declared.
The candidate should be medically fit to pursue the allocated course on medical examination.
|Whether recognized by MCI|
|1.||DM (Cardiology)||G.B. Pant Hospital||5||Yes|
|2.||DM (Neurology)||G.B. Pant Hospital||4||Yes|
|3.||DM (Neurology)||Institute of Human
Behaviour & Allied Sciences
|4.||DM (Medical Gastroenterology)||G.B. Pant Hospital||3||Yes|
|5.||M.Ch. (Cardio-Vascular & Thoracic Surgery)||G.B. Pant Hospital||4||Yes|
|6.||M.Ch. (Surgical Gastroenterology)||G.B. Pant Hospital||2||Yes|
|7.||M.Ch. (Neuro-Surgery)||G.B. Pant Hospital||4||Yes|
|8.||M.Ch. (Paediatric Surgery)||Maulana Azad Medical College||2||Yes|
|9.||M.Ch. (Paediatric Surgery)||Lady Hardinge Medical College||2||Yes|
Attested copies Certificates to attach with application form:
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate for verification of date of birth.
- MBBS Degree.
- Detailed marks certificate of qualifying examinations: I, II & Final Professional examination of MBBS.
- The compulsory rotating internship certificate.
- Registration Certificate from Delhi Medical Council/ State Medical Council/ Medical Council of India.
- MD/MS Degree/DNB Certificate.
- MD/MS/DNB Examination attempt Certificate.
- Proof of writing thesis in case of candidate has passed DNB Course
- Employer’s Certificate, if employed (as given in the application form).
No original certificate should be attached with the application form.
D.M. Super Specialty Courses
Common Paper of Medicine for all the three DM Specialties (DM Cardiology, DM Gastroenterology, DM Neurology). 9.00 A.M. to 10.20 A.M. (01 hour and 20 minutes duration)
- DM Cardiology: 10.50 A.M. to 12.50 P.M. (02 hours duration)
- DM Gastroenterology: 01.10 P.M. to 3.10 P.M. (02 hours duration)
- DM Neurology: 03.30 P.M. to 05.30 P.M. (02 hours duration)
M.Ch. Super Specialty Courses (Saturday, 05th June 2010)
Common Paper of Surgery for all the 4 M.Ch. specialties 9.00 A.M. to 10.20 A.M. (1 hour and 20 minutes duration.)
- M.Ch. Neuro Surgery: 10.50 A.M. to 12.50 P.M. (2 hours duration)
- M.Ch. Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgery: 1.10 P.M. to 3.10 P.M. (2 hours duration)
- M.Ch. G.I. Surgery: 3.30 P.M. to 5.30 P.M. (2 hours duration)
(Sunday, 06th June 2010)
Paediatric Surgery: 10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon (2 hours duration)
Result of SET
Result of eligible candidates shall be notified on the Notice Board of the Faculty Office and result of all candidates on the website, i.e. www.du.ac.in and www.fmsc.ac.in by 2nd/3rd Week of June 2010.
Tags: delhi set, delhi university set exam, entrance exams for dm in delhi, set exam delhi for economics