Delhi Technological University (DTU), Delhi
DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
BAWANA ROAD, DELHI-110042
- Curriculum innovation and upgraded curriculum introduced in all new UG / PG programs to meet the world quality & industry standards.
- Smart Classrooms equipped with ICT facilities, recruitment of 93 teaching faculty has begun.
- Commissioned Knowledge and Technology Incubation Unit as part of the Knowledge Park.
- Summer internship opportunities for UG and PG Students. Collaborations with industry leaders in technology:
a. MoU with Intellectual Ventures for strengthening IPR and support for ideas for technology incubation.
b. MoU with NPL for strengthening the synergy between Science and Engineering and for introduction of research intensive industry relevant master’s and doctoral research.
c. MoU with the Groupe des Ecoles des Mines (GEM), France for academic and research collaboration.
d. MoU with the world’s top Aeronautics Company namely Lockheed Martin Corporation for the development of Next Generation Aircraft Systems.
e. Freescale Semiconductor India Pvt. Ltd., a major Semiconductor Design Company offered to setup Freescale Systems Laboratory in DTU.
f. Microsoft (India) support for development of Robotics Curriculum and its delivery at DTU. Microsoft donated 3000 free passwords to enable every student and faculty of DTU to use Microsoft Dream Spark Package and other Software.
Student achievements July – Feb 2010
a. Ms. Shweta Chauhan – Mondialogo Engineering Award 2009 in Germany , international competition ,Ms. Shravanti Joshi and Shri. Anoop Ramakrishna – awarded International Telecom Union Award in Geneva.
b. Shri. Ankur Garg, Environmental Engineering 2009 – Shell Centenary Chevening Scholar, for studies at University of Cambridge for Master’s of Philosophy in Technology Policy at the Church Business School of Cambridge MIT Institute.
c. Ms. Swati Rawal, Research Scholar in the Applied Physics received Best Research Paper Award.
d. In addition, the IEEE Branch of DTU is being made the mentor of 12 IEEE Student Chapters / Branches in India including the IEEE student branch of BITS Pilani.
- Merit Scholarships for the toppers of each branch of B.E/ B.Tech, ME/ M.Tech. and MBA programs have been instituted. Under the scheme, top ranker in each semester examination will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 10,000 and the second rank holder will be given a cash award of Rs. 5,000.
- Incentives for faculty – every faculty member, who is able to publish a paper in an international journal of repute having a high impact factor, will be bestowed with a cash award of Rs. 11,000/-and a Certificate of Recognition.
- Innovation Fund established at DTU with an initial amount of Rs. 10 Lakh to encourage research and innovations at the University, both at student and faculty level.
- MoU signed with Intellectual Ventures for strengthening IPR, getting expert assistance in filing patents and safeguarding the ideas of student and faculty members.
- E-Governance Solution at DTU initiated. It will create greater level of transparency and large user participation in DTU’s education policy and programs and also provide a user-centric program to run various IT enabled application which will benefit all the constituent of governance to improve further teaching learning processes to raise the academic standards and march the University towards Excellence.
- University in the process of establishing a UNESCO Centre for Water Technology and Management to focus on cost-effective technology development for water treatment, water recycling and reuse.
- Students innovations – Mini Baja (All Terrain Vehicle) designed & developed by the students of DTU won 4th position at the Baja SAEINDIA Event in January, 2010, among 80 teams that participated from all over the country. The team also bagged the ICAT Raftar Award and cash prize of Rs 50,000, for designing the vehicle with optimum weight and acceleration. Two of the latest DTU automobile designs – the Formula Student Car and Personalized Mover named “Mitra”, were displayed at Auto Expo 2010, held recently in the Capital.
- Microsoft Day was held recently at DTU where 3000 keys were given to the students, providing them free access to Microsoft’s DreamSpark Program, professional level developer and designer tools and training and to Microsoft-IT Academy Student Pass.
- Green campus: The University has resolved to take four major steps this year, towards making DTU a green campus.
- Generate 1.1 MW of Solar Electric Power: To generate atleast a 3rd of total electricity consumed in the DTU campus, 1.1 MW Solar Power Electricity will be generated within the campus during 2010.
- Self-reliant campus for water resources: DTU is committed to utilize rain water harvesting, ground water recharge and recycling of waste water so that the DTU campus becomes self-reliant for its water needs.
- Green code for its transportation and a major hub for Green Energy Technology R&D: The focus is on developing solar electric vehicles, biodiesel vehicles and hybrid vehicles.
- New Buildings Development, which includes Teaching Blocks, Academic Blocks with state of art facilities to house IT, Computer Engineering, Bio-Tech and Girls/Boys Hostels at DTU using green building design concepts have already been initiated.
Tags: Delhi technological university 2013, www dtu counseling