CUSAT Online Application Form
CUSAT Online Application/ Registration
Online Registration/ Application Procedure
- All candidates who wish to apply for Academic Admission 2011 of CUSAT are advised to read carefully the CAT 2011 Notification published in the leading dailies and CUSAT website www.cusat.ac.in or admission website www.cusat.nic.in.
- Candidates are advised to read thoroughly all sections of the “Key Information”.
- All Candidates applying for Common Admission Test 2011 should submit their applications online. International students and those applying for the B.Tech Lateral Entry programme should also submit their applications online. For PhD/M Tech/MPhil/ MA Translation-German & Russian / Diploma/Certificate programmes application can be had from the concerned Departments.(see course of study)
- Upon successful submission of the on-line application for CAT-2011,candidates should download three important document,viz,CONFIRMATION PAGE ,FEE CHALAN AND CHECK LIST.
- Communal/Special reservation claim not mentioned by the candidate in the on-line application form during on-line registration will not be considered under any circumstances. Therefore candidates should fill in all details such as communal/special reservation with utmost care
- Any error in the entries made by the candidate during online registration leading to the rejection of the application shall be the responsibility of the candidate alone. Hence the online registration form must be filled with utmost care and attention without any errors.
- Confirmation page incomplete in any respect as per the ‘Check List ‘ will be rejected.
- Reservation claims not supported by self attested copies of required certificates as mentioned in the ‘check list’ will not be considered.Such application will be considered only in the GENERAL category for ranking/admission.
- Check the eligibility criteria for the course(s) offered by CUSAT, and accordingly choose the course you wish to apply for. Candidates must satisfy themselves that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the course(s) they apply for before submitting their online application.
- Details about the total amount of Application Fee to be paid, is available under Application Fee.
- In the Online Registration Form all the fields marked with ‘ * ’ are mandatory/required fields. If these fields are left blank you will not be able to submit the Application Form and register.
- Selections from the Drop-Down Menus can be made by clicking Mouse/using the ENTER button.
- Now you may proceed to register Online. To do this you may click on the appropriate links provided on the Right Hand side of the front page. On clicking these links the “APPLICATION FORM FOR ACADEMIC ADMISSIONS 2011” page will appear in which candidates need to furnish the following details.There are three separate links viz (i) Indian and NRI students(other than Lateral Entry)(ii) International Candidates (iii)B Tech Lateral entry candidates(for Diploma holders)
|FOR ALL COURSES OTHER THAN DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES|
|General Category Candidates||Rs.850/-|
|SC/ST Category Candidates||Rs.375/-|
|Candidates who apply under NRI Quota (For B.Tech Programmes Only)||Rs.5850/-|
|FOR DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES|
|General Category Candidates||Rs.100/-|
|SC/ST Category Candidates||Rs.50/-|
|FOR BTECH LATERAL ENTRY PROGRAMMES|
|General Category Candidates||Rs.850/|
|SC/ST Category Candidates||Rs.375/-|
|For all courses||US$100|
The Chalan form (in triplicate) downloaded from the website www.cusat.nic.in after online registration can be used to remit the application fee at the bank. The fee can be remitted at any branch of State Bank of India OR State bank of Travancore. The student’s copy as well as the University copy of the chalan form with the journal no written on it will be returned to the candidate by the bank as proof of remittance. The University copy of the fee paid chalan should be attached along with the duly filled confirmation page.Other mode of payments such as Demand Drafts, cheques, money order etc will not be accepted.
For International Candidates
The required fee should be paid by way of Demand Draft / Pay order/Any other instrument (which does not involve collection charges on the part of the University) favouring Registrar, CUSAT.
- All the entries should be properly made in the online application before submitting. After submitting the online application take a print out of the CONFIRMATION PAGE , FEE CHALAN form and CHECK LIST
- Paste your recent Passport size photograph (taken on or after 01/01/2011) in the space provided. (Polaroid photograph will not be accepted)
- Affix your left hand Thumb Impression, Signature and Parent’s/Guardian’s Signature (specify the relation) in the space provided.
- Candidates should retain sufficient number of copies of the Confirmation Page for future reference.
- Candidates should retain the student’s copy of the Fee Paid Chalan for future reference.
- Send the ‘Confirmation Page’ along with the University’s copy of the fee-paid chalan and other required documents as per the ‘Check List’ to “The Director, IRAA Unit, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin University P.O., Cochin, Kerala. PIN – 682 022”, sufficiently early so as to reach the same in the University before the stipulated last date(10-02-2011).
- The envelope containing the confirmation page should be super scribed as “APPLICATION FOR COMMON ADMISSION TEST – 2011”
- ‘Confirmation Page’ received in the University without the required enclosures as per check list such as candidate’s photograph or candidate’s signature or University copy of the fee paid chalan, “Check List” etc will be not be accepted.
- Applications received after the last date or not complying with instructions will be summarily rejected, without assigning any reasons thereof. University will not be responsible for postal or any other delay.
- On receipt of the duly filled and signed Confirmation Page, along with the University copy of the fee paid chalan in the University, your application will be processed. You may verify the approval status of your application in this website by providing your Registration Number and Date of Birth. Your application status will be displayed on this web site in due course.
- Candidates can download their Admit Card from this website from 15/03/2011 to 03/04/2011. Admit Card will not be send by post in the candidates address.
- A Candidate who fails to download the Admit Card by 25th March 2011 may contact IRAA Unit urgently. Contact No:0484 2577159, 2862255, 2862256,2862290
- Candidates must retain the Admit Card till the admission process is over. (To be produced wherever demanded)
- No candidate will be permitted to appear for the Common Admission Test 2011 without a valid Admit Card.
- Applications to the Academic Programmes of the University are to be made in response to the University Notification No. IRAA-3A/303/CAT-2011 dated 12-01-2011.
- Entry requirements for each programme are given under ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA. The responsibility for ensuring satisfactory compliance to the prescribed criteria is vested solely with the applicant. Claims found untenable upon subsequent scrutiny shall result in summary disqualification of the applicant concerned and cancellation of any or all admission processes undergone.
- The choice of the Test Subject/Test Centre is the sole responsibility of the applicant and the selections once exercised in the Online Application Form shall be final and irrevocable. Even if a candidate takes the CAT according to a subject of his/her choice, but otherwise does not satisfy the conditions of eligibility prescribed in the Notification/Handbook, he/she will not be considered for admission.
Tags: cost of cusat application form, cusat online application, qsat online application form