Central Teacher Eligibility Test
CTET is scheduled to be held on Sunday, the 26th June, 2011 at 1178 Centres in 86 cities across the country including 2 centres abroad. In all 7.9 lacs candidates have been registered for this examination. The dispatch of Admit Cards by post to all the registered candidates of the above Examination has started since 8th June 2011.
The Board has also uploaded the candidate’s information including Roll No and the Centre of Examination, etc. on its website www.cbse.nic.in. In case, any registered candidate does not receive the admit card by 20.06.2011, he/she is required to carry a printout of the centre information and undertaking proforma available on the Board’s website along with two passport size photographs and a photo ID proof to the allotted examination centre.
A control room will be functional from 20th June 2011 to 25th June 2011 from 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM and on 26th June 2011 from 06.30 AM to 12.30 PM. In case of any difficulty the candidates may contact the control room on the following telephone numbers:-
08447981586, 08447981587, 08447981588, 08447981589 and 08447981590.
It has been decided by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) to include B.Com Graduates in the eligibility criteria for appointment of teachers in Classes I to VIII. Therefore, the eligibility criteria for candidates appearing for CTET-2011 to be held on 26.06.2011 include B.Com degree holders also.
Accordingly, B.A./B.Sc/B.Com may be read in place of B.A./B.Sc. Applicants are required to fill in the appropriate code number of minimum educational qualifications in Column No. 13 of the Application Form. Other conditions remain the same.
With BA/ B Sc with at least 50% marks and B Ed qualification shall also be eligible for test for classes I to V provided he/ she undergoes, after appointment, an NCTE recognized 6-month special program in Elementary Education. No Code has been provided for this in Application Form at Sl. No. 13.
Therefore, such candidates are advised to write 9 in the box and not to darken any circle.
Candidates can apply for CTET 2011 either on the prescribed Application Form or submit application ‘ON-LINE’ through CBSE website.
For submission of application on prescribed Application Form :
- Information Bulletin containing Application Form can be had personally from the Designated Branches of Syndicate Bank, Institutions specified in Appendix-IV against cash payment (Not by post).
- Information Bulletin containing Application Form can also be had by post by sending Demand Draft of required fee from the Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha Sadan, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi-110002.
- Candidates must follow instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin. Candidates not complying with the instructions, their candidature shall be summarily disqualified.
For ON-LINE submission of application at Board’s website www.cbse.nic.in
Application can also be made ‘ON-LINE’ by accessing the Board’s website www.cbse.nic.in. The candidate should supply all details while filling up the Online Form. Candidates are required to take a print out of the computer generated Confirmation page after successful submission of data. Candidates should pay the following fee:
- General/ OBC Category Rs 500/- (Five hundred)
- SC/ST/ Differently Abled Category Rs 250/- (Two hundred fifty)
The fee can be remitted in the following ways:
- By Debit/Credit Card.
- By Demand Draft in favour of the Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi drawn in any Nationalized Bank payable at Delhi. Write your name, address and registration number on the back of the Demand Draft.
3. Please ensure before mailing the Application Form/ Confirmation Page that:-
- the candidate has signed the Form at specified place;
- the candidate has put left hand thumb impression at the specified place;
- the candidate has pasted the recent passport size photograph in the space earmarked for it;
- the candidate has written name and complete mailing address in CAPITAL letters including PIN CODE
- the candidate has attached Demand Draft of required fee those who have submitted the application ‘ON-LINE';
- the candidate has kept a photocopy of the Application Form/ Confirmation Page for use as reference for future correspondence.
4. The Application Form/ Confirmation Page complete in all respect should be sent by Registered/Speed Post so as to reach positively by 15.05.2011 in the CBSE office.
The Application Form is to be dispatched in the enclosed CBSE envelope only. Those applying -On-line’, Confirmation Page must be dispatched in an envelope of size 12″x10″ only and superscribing “APPLICATION FOR CTET-2011″.
The Application Form sent by courier shall not be accepted and rather rejected. The Application Form will not be
received personally in any case.
5. Information regarding receipt of applications in the CTET Unit of the CBSE will be put on the Board’s website www.cbse.nic.in. The candidates can check the receipt of their Application on the website after 10.06.2011 Candidates whose particulars do not appear on the website may write to the Assistant Secretary, CTET Unit, and forward a photocopy of the Application Form/ Confirmation Page, mode of payment of fee those have submitted application ‘ON-LINE’ and one passport size photograph (as pasted on the Application Form).
Note : 7 days grace time i.e. up to 22.05.2011 for receipt of Application Form will be allowed to the candidates belonging to remote areas viz. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi sub division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep.
6. In case the Admit Card is not received by 20.06.2011, the candidates should contact the CBSE between 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM giving details of the Post Office, date of dispatch, original receipt of postal dispatch, Photostat copy of the Application Form/ Confirmation Page, one photograph (as pasted on the Application Form)
7. Request for issue of duplicate Admit Card will not be entertained after the examination in any case.
8. Address for obtaining/sending complete Application Form/ Confirmation Page and clarification, if any:-
THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY (CTET),
CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION,
“SHIKSHA SADAN’, 17, ROUSE AVENUE,
CONTACT NO. 011-23238361 (TELEFAX), 23220153, 23217128 (FAX)
Tags: yhs-fullyhosted_003, CTET, www ctet nic in, ctet nic in, www ctet com, www case nic in, ctet com, www ctet, c-tet, ctet exam
- CTET Admit Card
- CTET Answer Key
- CTET Applicability
- CTET Application Form
- CTET Eligibility
- CTET Exam Date
- CTET Results
- CTET Structure/ Pattern
- CTET Syllabus