Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan, Malaysia
Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
Last Date : Thursday, the 25th March, 2010
Applications on plain paper, as per prescribed format given, are invited from Indian Nationals residing in India for the above-mentioned scholarship scheme for studies at Masters level and Ph.D. in Malaysia.
NUMBER OF NOMINATIONS TO BE SENT: TWO (including PG & Ph.D)
1. Business and Finance
2. Agriculture Science.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
One should have completed bachelor’s degree in the subject concerned indicated above with minimum 60% marks in Business and Finance and 65% in Agriculture. Where percentage of marks are not available and grades are mentioned, the candidates must indicate the conversion formula adopted by the University/Institution and should also indicate equivalent percentage of marks.
The age is not more than 45 years as on 25.3.2010.
VALUE OF AWARDS
1. The scholarship covers:
(a) A return air ticket from recipients capital city to Malaysia.
(b) An approved tuition fees by the respective university.
(c) A Maintenance allowance at the rate of RM 1,200 per month.
(d) A yearly grant for books and internal travel.
(e) Thesis allowance, installation and termination grant.
(f) No family allowance for accompanying spouse or children.
(g) The Government of Malaysia reserve the rights to review the value of awards at anytime (and of such changes are made, the value of scholarship will be changed and the effective date will be informed to the successful candidates)
TENURE OF AWARDS
Awards for Master’s degree is for one to two years depending on the courses and for Ph.D., the tenure is for three years. Application for admission to the university is solely the candidate’s responsibility. Interested applicants are advised to apply before the beginning of the academic year, which falls on the month of July for most of Malaysian university. However, proof of admission is not a pre-requisite to the award. The selection committee for MTCP Scholarship will only consider qualified applicants with outstanding academic achievement and professional performance. Moreover, the scholarship award does not guarantee a placement in the university.
1. Each application must be accompanied by attested copies of (a) certificate of age (b) mark-sheets of the qualifying examination (c) all degrees/diplomas/certificates (d) reference letter.
2. Candidates who have already been abroad for study/training/specialization either on scholarship or on their own for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after their return from abroad as on 25. 3. 2010.
3. Applications in subject fields other than those specified above will not be considered.
4. Applications of candidates who are abroad will not be considered.
5. Candidates must furnish a clear and precise programme of study/research (minimum 500 words) justifying their studies in Malaysia.
6. Those who have already completed Ph.D. in India or abroad need not apply.
7. Candidates who do not possess the requisite qualifications need not apply.
8. Candidates should have adequate knowledge of geographical situation, cultural heritage of India and the donor country.
9. Documents submitted alongwith the applications will not be returned. Hence, candidates are advised to send only the photocopies of the certificates etc. duly attested by competent authority. Self attested certificates will not be accepted.
10. Since these scholarships are offered by Foreign Government, applications should invariably be submitted in English only.
11. Experience has to be supported by documentary evidence.
12. Candidates must have good knowledge of written and spoken English (The donor country reserves the right to request evidence of having passed an accredited English language test).
13. Applicants are required to be of sound health and awards are subject to successful candidates’ satisfying a prescribed medical examination by donor country.
14. Employed candidates must send their application through their employers with a “No Objection Certificate”. They will not be called for interview unless the certificate is forwarded with the application.
15. Mere fulfillment of requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for interview. Interview letters in a particular subject are sent only to the best candidates after their applications are judged by a duly constituted Selection Committee of Experts.
16. Applications not in the prescribed proforma and application received after the prescribed date and incomplete applications will not be considered.
17. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
18. The Selection committee’s decision about candidates for interview or selecting a candidate for nomination will be final. NO REPRESENTATIONS IN THIS REGARD WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
Candidates should apply for the above scholarship on thick plain paper (preferably typewritten) with recent passport size photograph duly affixed, furnishing the details/particulars in the given format to the Section Officer (ES.4 Section), Scholarship Division, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, A2/W4, Curzon Road Barracks, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-110001 latest by Thursday, 25th March, 2010. Candidates could submit their application on line to the web site: www.education.nic.in and also send their hard copy of application within a week to above mentioned address.