There is no set or defined syllabus for the exam. CAT examination mostly consists of quantitative ability, data interpretation and English multiple type questions.
- Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc)
- Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations
- Quadratic and linear equations
- Profit & Loss
- Averages, Percentages, Partnership
- Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time
- Number system: HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS
- Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Set Theory, Venn Diagram
- Installment Payments, Partnership, Clocks
- Probability, Permutations & Combination
Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency:
- Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
- Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc.
- Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
- Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
- Comprehension of passage ( Poems can also come).
- Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed),
- Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
- Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- World Records
- Books and authors
- Science, History, Geography, International organisations
- Important quotations
- Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
Tags: cat 2013 syllabus, cat syllabus, best book writer of polytechnic eee 2013, Syllabus for CAT exam 2013, syllabus For cat, Question pattern at CAT, latest question pattern of CAT, cusat polytechnic syllabus, Cusat CAT Qus-ANS, CATsyllabus
More on CAT
- CAT Admit Card
- CAT Centres
- CAT Dates
- CAT Eligibility
- CAT Forms
- CAT Helpline
- CAT Notification
- CAT Practice Test
- CAT Preparation
- CAT Registration
- CAT Results
- CAT Study Tips and Plan
- Crack CAT Exam