There is no set or defined syllabus for the exam. CAT examination mostly consists of quantitative ability, data interpretation and English multiple type questions.
- Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc)
- Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations
- Quadratic and linear equations
- Profit & Loss
- Averages, Percentages, Partnership
- Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time
- Number system: HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS
- Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Set Theory, Venn Diagram
- Installment Payments, Partnership, Clocks
- Probability, Permutations & Combination
Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency:
- Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
- Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc.
- Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
- Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
- Comprehension of passage ( Poems can also come).
- Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed),
- Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
- Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- World Records
- Books and authors
- Science, History, Geography, International organisations
- Important quotations
- Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
More on CAT
- CAT Admit Card
- CAT Centres
- CAT Dates
- CAT Eligibility
- CAT Forms
- CAT Helpline
- CAT Notification
- CAT Practice Test
- CAT Preparation
- CAT Registration
- CAT Results
- CAT Study Tips and Plan
- Crack CAT Exam