BHU Entrance Exam
Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
The University Notifies for the sale of application forms and related information bulletin for admission to various Under Graduate & Post Graduate courses and Special Courses of Study (Diploma & Certificate) in the Session 2010-2011.
A. UNDERGRADUATE COURSES (UET):
a. General: B.A. (Hons.) Arts; B.A. (Hons.) Social Sc.; B.Sc. (Hons.) Maths; B.Sc. (Hons.) Bio.; B.Com. (Hons.)**/[B.Com. (Hons.) Financial Markets Management* (Special Courses of Study)]; Shastri (Hons.);
b. Professional: After +2 Level: B.F.A.; B.Mus.; B.Sc. (Ag.); after graduation: LL.B.; B.Ed./B.Ed** (Special) and B.P.Ed.
B. POSTGRADUATE COURSES (PET):
a. General: M.A.: Arabic, Bengali, German, English, French, Hindi, Marathi, Nepali, Pali, Persian, Sanskrit, Telugu, Urdu, Linguistics, Ancient Indian History Culture & Archaeology, Philosophy, Indian Philosophy & Religion, History of Art, Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology; M.Sc.: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Computer Science, Biochemistry;M. Sc. (Tech.): Geology; M.Sc. (Tech.): Geophysics; M.A./M.Sc.: Geography, Statistics, Mathematics, Home Science, Psychology; M.Com.; Acharya: Veda, Vyakaran, Jyotish, Dharmashastra, Mimamsa, Vedanta, Nyayavaiseshika, Prachinanyaya, Sankhyayoga, Puranetihasa, Sahitya, Dharmagama, Baudha Darshan, Jain Darshan.
b. Professional: M.A.: Prayojanmoolak Hindi (Patrakarita), Museology; Mass Communication; M.Lib.I.Sc.; M.P.Ed.; M.F.A.; M. Mus.; M. Musicology; M.Ed.**; M.Ed. (Special): VI; LL.M.; MCA; M. Sc. in Health Statistics, M. Sc. in Bioinformatics (For female); M.Sc. (Ag.): Agricultural Economics, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Entomology & Agricultural Zoology, Extension Education, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Horticulture, Mycology & Plant Pathology, Plant Physiology, Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry.
1) M.A. in: Tourism Management**, Social Work, Public Administration, Conflict Management and Development, Master of Personnel Management and Industrial Relations.
2) M. Sc. (Tech.) in: Environmental Science & Technology*, M. Sc. in: Environmental Science, Applied Microbiology, Molecular & Human Genetics, Petroleum Geo-Science, 3) Master of: Export Management & Promotion (MEMP), Finance and Control(MFC), Risk & Insurance Management (MRIM),
4) LL.M. in: Human Rights & Duties Education,
5) MBA in: Agri-Business*,
6) M. Sc. (Ag.) Agroforestry*, Soil & Water Conservation*, M. Sc. in Food Science & Technology, Plant Biotechnology*, Master of Agri-business Management, M. Tech in Agricultural Engineering (Soil & Water Conservation Engineering).
C. SPECIAL COURSES OF STUDY (Diploma and Certificate)
1) 2 year Diploma in: Naturopathy and yoga therapy*;
2) 2-year Diploma in: Office Management & Business Communication**, Tourism Management**, Panchkarma Therapy, Dialysis Therapy, Ayurvedic Drug Standardization, Medical Technology (Radio Therapy), Maternal Health Care (for female), Neonatal & Child Care, Kshar Karma, Vikiran & Chhaya, Lab Technology, Vastu Shastra Evam Jyotish*, Dental Mechanic, Dental Hygienist.
3) 1-year PG Diploma in: Language Technology, Communication Skills (English), Journalism (Hindi), Health Communication, Journalism and Mass Communication*, Sports Journalism, Manuscriptology, Insurance Management*, Industrial and Intellectual Property Laws, Environmental Law Policy and Management, Remote Sensing and GIS**, Japanese Studies, Conflict Management & Development, Counseling and Psychotherapy**, Business Economics*, Integrated Rural Development & Management, Seed Technology*, Post Harvest Technology*, Entrepreneurship Management*
4) 1-year Certificate Course in: Prasav Vigyan (Female only), Karma Kanda*, Painting, Advertising Design
5) 6-Months Certificate Course in: Handloom Weaving & Handicrafts*, Dying & Printing*, Textile Design*.
(i) The courses marked ** will be also conducted at Rajiv Gandhi South Campus, Barkachha, Mirzapur;
ii) Courses marked ‘*’ will be only conducted at Rajiv Gandhi South Campus Barkachha, Mirzapur.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. The University reserves the right not to run a course. Reservation as per Govt. of India rules.
INFORMATION BULLETIN PLUS APPLICATION FORM can be obtained from the ENTRANCE TEST CELL, OFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS, BHU, VARANASI 221 005, either on cash payment of Rs. 50/- (Fifty) only, from 11.00 AM to 3.00 PM on working days OR by registered post by sending a written request mentioning name of the course i.e. Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Special Courses of Study (Diploma and Certificate), postal address along with :
(i) A crossed MICR Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque issued by any Nationalised/Scheduled Bank for Rs. 100/- (One Hundred) only in favour of the CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS, BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY, payable at Varanasi, indicating name of candidate and course name on its reverse
(ii) A self-addressed unstamped envelope of the size 32cm x 26cm.
The UET/PET/Special Courses of Study (Diploma & Certificate) Information Bulletin Plus Application Form will also be available on cash payment at Rajiv Gandhi South Campus Barkachha, Mirzapur, and some other designated offices of the University.
(1) Test Fee shall be charged as per details in the Information Bulletin.
(2) Only MICR Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque is acceptable.
(3) Foreign nationals are exempted from appearing in Entrance Test and are required to contact the International Centre, C/3/3, Tagore House, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221 005 for further details.
(4) The facility for online submission of application form is available for only UET and PET till 10th March 2010. The candidates may visit website www.bhu.ac.in for further details.
(5) Candidates submitting Applications online should compulsorily send a signed copy thereof with same photograph and original Bank Draft, so as to reach in the Office of The controller of Examinations latest by 17.03.2010 till 05 p.m. failing which the candidature will not be considered.
(6) Application Form- incomplete/received after the last date, shall not be accepted.
(7) University shall not be responsible for any delay/loss of application form in postal transit/courier.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR SALE AND RECEIPT OF APPLICATION FORMS:
- Commencement of Sale of Forms: 15-02-2010,
- Last Date for Receipt of Postal Requisition for Forms: 26-02-2010,
- Sale of Forms from Counter: 17-03-2010,
- Receipt of Completed Forms by hand or post (without late fee): 10-03-2010,
- Receipt of Completed Forms by hand or post (with late fee): 17-03-2010.
Phone: 0542-2368418, 2307255-58,
E-mail: [email protected]
Tags: B H U AG